Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome new Parent liaison

Hello,

My name is Sarah Maxwell. I am a forty-nine year old empty nester. I have three girls, who are in college, or graduated at this time. I have a master’s degree in elementary education, but graduated with a bachelor in music education at Eastern Oregon University. I look forward to being the community liaison between Shoshone Elementary, parents, and the surrounding community. I enjoy living in a small town atmosphere and try to stay involved and connected. My hobbies include hiking, horseback riding, singing, and reading.

I have always had a heart to teach children and have participated in many areas of education. Teaching with passion creates students with passion, who will move on to imagine, and create, the world that we all will live in. I believe that all children can learn, and can love to learn.

My involvement in the education process has lasted over twenty years. I was a parent volunteer at the local elementary school and a teacher’s assistant for four years. I taught gifted and talented reading groups and the struggling math students. Finally, I worked as a substitute assistant in the SPED program at the high school level.

I anticipate an excellent year with your students and look forward to meeting their parents. If there are any problems or if you just want some questions answered, contact me at 208-886-2381 ext. 256 or e-mail at saramaxw@shoshone.k12.id.us.

Sincerely,

Sarah E. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment